What is EBA?
EBA Consortium is the abbreviation for University Consortium for Evidence Based Approach (EBA) to the Emergent Issues in Asia. The EBA Consortium is a collaboration among ASEAN’s top universities to develop human resources capable to identify and solve issues based on the evidence and analysis. Consortium member universities jointly design the EBA course curriculum and offer courses in their own expertise to the students of all member Universities.
The Consortium provides digital communication platform where students in different countries can study together in daily bases. On the cyber space, students and faculty members of all partners interactively teach/learn/discuss each other to encourage ASEAN-wide collaborative problem solving. The program also offers fieldworks and Internships in ASEAN countries and Japan, to provide variety of experiences in the study fields, meeting with people and society in Asia.
It also organizes the Internship Partner with NPO/NGP and industry to offer a various types of internship programs which bridge to the real world.
* This program is supported by Re-Inventing Japan Project of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan. (From 2012)
Consortium member universities jointly design the EBA course curriculum and offer courses in their own expertise to the students of all member Universities. As of July 2013, this consortium is composed by 8 institutions in seven countries.
- KEIO UNIVERSITY (JAPAN)
- UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES DILIMAN (PHILIPPINES)
- UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE, MALAYSIA (MALAYSIA)
- UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA (MALAYSIA)
- CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY (THAILAND)
- INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BANDUNG (INDONESIA)
- BRAWIJAYA UNIVERSITY (INDONESIA)
- HANOI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (VIETNAM)
- UNIVERSITY OF COMPUTER STUDIES, YANGON (MYANMAR)**
**Partnership in process